Hello all. I know nothing about deisel engines or skid steers. I bought this machine on a whim, and the first day I used it it overheated. I used it for about 30 minutes and started feeling heat from the engine, gauge was in the red, I panicked and shut it off, thinking a belt broke, thermostat or water pump failed. The next day, everything seemed ok, I started it and again after about 20 minutes of using it (grading lightly) I noticed the temp gauge creeping up. I throttled to low and let it sit, and the temp very slowly dropped. Something’s not right, and I really don’t know what to think. One other thing is it smokes pretty good on startup, but clears up pretty quick, but definitely has some smoke when using it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I overpaid on this machine by about $3k
Thermostat could be stuck, make sure the belt is tight and not slipping. Of course the water pump could be bad. How's the coolant level?
Thanks for your reply. I’ve since verified the thermostat was previously removed. I bought one and will install it when I flush the radiator. It turns out the problem was the belt was slipping