Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 1825 hydro problems

Tyler Hochkammer ยท 2019-10-27 14:27

I have a case 1825 that while driving has a random hesitation in it. You can be driving straight and it randomly hesitates and will drive crooked for a bit. Than it will be fine until the next time it decides to do it. Thank you

Replies9
  1. #1DIYDAVE2019-10-27 21:08

    I'd check the drive chains, could have a 1/2 busted ear, dangling, and every once in a while, drags against the case, causing the hesitation...

  2. #2Welder Dave2019-10-27 22:49

    Lift the wheels off the ground and see what it does while listening for strange noises.

  3. #3Tyler Hochkammer2019-10-28 08:15

    The hesitation typically comes when you go over a slight incline or bump. You can feel the skid kinda slow down than you hear the load on engine pick up than it goes back to normal. Also noticeable on a decline in a road. When I drive down the road with a decline and it acting up you have to correct the steering to keep going straight. Than all of a sudden it is good. Going up the incline seems better. Very strange whats going on. I had someone drive the unit while I was out side it and it seemed fine. I had unit jacked up and checked all the wheel bearings and chain tensions, which seemed good. I also changed oil and filter. Also removed and check relief valves for forward and reverse. They seem fine other than the ring around the seat of the relief valve.

  4. #4DIYDAVE2019-10-28 21:39

    As you are having the problem, with changes in grade, how long has it been, since the last fuel filter change? It could be that the bounce, or change in grade is givin it a mouth fulla water, to chew on, every now and again...

  5. #5Tyler Hochkammer2019-10-28 21:43

    I see where your coming from there but I just changed that last week thinking the same thing. Dumped it out and it was good and installed a new one. Also I do not loose power digging in a pile with oil warm

  6. #6DIYDAVE2019-10-29 07:06

    Brings to mind another thought, wiring rubbing somewhere? Don't know how much is involved, on your particular model, but if say the kill solenoid were to get jiggled when hitting a bump, it might do the same thing as you are describing...

  7. #7Tyler Hochkammer2019-10-29 08:09

    This one has a manual shut off. It does not seem engine related. It kind of seems like it almost free wheels when it does it. The next thing I am going to do is take the chains out and also check engine mounts. I would like to check them being the linkage is mounted to the frame and if there is to much play in the mounts the engine and pump could move and not the linkage.

  8. #8DIYDAVE2019-10-29 21:17

    Another thing to check for is a sheared or wallered out key, on the drive motors...

  9. #9Tyler Hochkammer2019-10-30 13:30

    will do