Good Morning. I have an issue with my left drive motor on a 1830 case. I’m unable to find anything online on removal of the drive motor. So any help would be appreciated I suspect I broke the key way or the splined sleeve, maybe even the shaft.
Should just need to disconnect the hoses, 2 or 3? then remove the bolts or nut for the holes circled in red. To disassemble the motor once out you would take the, I believe, six bolts holding the rear cover on the end opposite the splined shaft. I would have a nice clean place to work and pay close attention to the order things come out. There is a spring inside but not one of those that will kill you but remove those end cover bolts nice an even just to prevent anything binding.
Is this an 1830 with 1835B stickers? You last posted this as an 1835B which has lost drive & now saying it is an 1830?? - There is a difference as the 1830 uses an intermediate drive chain, that if broken, will cause loss of drive to both axles - most likely your problem.
Yes very important that the right model numbers and if possible S/N to be sure the help being offered matches the equipment being worked on! Also keeping all questions and replies in the same thread to make it easer to be sure one does not get two different machines confused and give wrong advice.