Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

case 1835 broken cable link part

scottwolowich ยท 2019-08-21 20:19

Hello, I have been working on my case 1835 sorting out some control linkage and parking brake issues. I finally got the updated staple for the parking brake cylinder to get my parking brake operational. I got everything all buttoned up and went to do my adjustments on the linkage and I broke one of the cables when I was trying to put down the lap bar but didn't have enough slack, this one to be specific. https://www.messicks.com/part/h438179/cable-assy or #30 in this diagram https://www.colemanequip.com/parts/...DUAL-SEAT-BARS-AND-TWO-PULLEYS-PER-SIDE-0rUJ/ I was wondering if anyone has had success repairing this cable/wire style linkage or should I bite the $80 bullet? Any alternative methods for a cable/link with two long bolts at the end? Thanks, Scott.

Replies2
  1. #1DIYDAVE2019-08-21 20:50

    Saw this, in Farm Show Magazine... https://www.farmshow.com/a_article....ext=34501&page_num=1&nav_previous=&nav_next=1

  2. #2scottwolowich2019-08-21 21:02

    nice that's what i was looking for, good idea. cost of cable plus two bolts