Hey everyone, thanks in advance. I have a case 1835b that I purchased this fall I knew it needed work, but now I'm at a stand still. Before I did anything to it, it had a bad leak, but I couldn't track it down. I have since replaced almost every hose underneath and replaced both drive motors and filters. Upon firing it up and on blocks, the right side operates fine and the left side reverse works fine, but when I try to move the left side forward, it goes under stress and almost kills the motor. What are my best options to go after from here? Thanks again
Hi first Check chain I'm not expert on fixing them, I have one the link and gear could be binding. Check slack in chain, may need adjustment you take up slack. look down in inspection cover. That's what I would do. Good luck
Thanks SROsgood67 for your response! The chain tension seems good. Would it be possible for it to operate in reverse if the chains were binding though? I thought maybe something to do with the main tandem pump, but wanted to avoid that as long as I could.
Hi My pin to lock the sprocket if that is worn and engaged slips by in reverse but could catch and bind fwd. may be possible ?
Originally the left side wouldn't engage at all and realized that the parking pin was engaged, so as of now it is not causing the problem, we have that out of the way completely.
With the machine not running, I can rotate the right hand tires all day long, forward and back, since I have it up on blocks, but the left side I can only rotate backwards. Maybe it is binding somewhere because with the machine off it shouldn't be under pressure with the hydraulics right?
Well when I got my 1835B it didn't run so getting off the trailer, on the ramp it started moving so I would say the fluid can move if you can turn pump through the drive chain moving. I would try looking inspection covers and have some one move lever may hear or see why. :-( Do you know if bearings good ? Play in axles, may cause it too.