Hey guys I have a Case 1835b with the gas engine. A few years back I purchased a 3rd function auxiliary valve from summit hydraulics. I finally got an around to installing it recently and after a few hiccups I have it working (I think). I was hoping to run a brush hog attachment that I bought. It’s a wolverine that has a 14-20gpm flow rate. The 1835b has a listed flow of 15.5gpm so I feel like I’m ok there. I hooked everything up yesterday and the blades spin but not as fast as I feel like they should. I also think it’s slowing the blades when they encounter resistance although that’s harder to say since I can’t see underneath it. The throttle is all the way up, I’ve confirmed that the RPM’s seem to be where they should. The engine doesn’t seem to be straining when I activate the brush hog or when they try to cut anything. The skid steer itself seems to run fine all things considered. It drives well and the loader works as it should. One thing to note is I’ve had a charge psi light on the cluster which I kind of chalked up to a bad sending unit or something grounding it. I’ve changed my hydraulic filters 2x in the past 80hrs and the fluid is in good condition. Wondering if anyone has a good jumping off point. I guess it would be good to check pressure on the system. I can hook into the plugged port of the filter heads? I guess I need to take it somewhere to get the flow checked and I was thinking they might be able to check the pressure with the same machine? Maybe my skid steer is too small to run the brush hog or maybe the pumps are too worn to out that kind of output. Any thoughts ?
The only way to know is to check the flow rate and stall pressure. I would think it would run a five foot mower.
Does your purchased DCV Multiplier have same PQ configuration as an existing MCV?
Thanks. My pressure test kit should be here tomorrow so I will check that. I called a local hydro shop and they said they would need to take apart the pump to look for contaminants before they would hook up to their bench flow tester. Do you think something like this would work if I got the right fittings to connect it?
I apologize I’m not 100% sure of the acronyms that you’re using but I’m guessing by context you are asking if the auxiliary valve is the same setup as the loader valve? The answer to that is yes, both are designed for open center and power beyond and GPM was matched as well. I hooked it up the same as the factory aux hydros would have come back in the day. The only questionable part was the power beyond sleeve that goes in the loader valve to supply the aux valve. It threads in and seems to be working but I couldn’t get the actual Case part so I found an aftermarket part that was for Case/New holland. I do have flow to the quick connects I just don’t know if the power beyond sleeve is sealing tight inside the valve body or if some fluid could maybe bypassing in addition to flowing to the aux valve
Be careful of what you buy. Some of those valves have a working pressure of 290psi and you need one that can stand more than 3000psi. A good flowmeter cost $745 and you need a flow control valve that cost $78 and a 0-5000psi gauge for $30 and at least $110 in hoses rated at 3100psi. I built mine about seven years ago and it cost me around $1000 at that time. You will also need couplers and other fittings.
Very good point. I didn’t think about that.
For the life of me I can’t find the pages in the service manual about pressure testing. I saw them last night but I must be blind because now I can’t. Anyway I got my pressure test kit today and I tapped into the 1/8” plug that is in the side of the left lift cylinder. When I bottomed it out the pressure peaked at 2500psi. So I think that’s around where it should be. I was going to test the charge psi through the sending unit on the charge filter housing tomorrow. I would think if that tests out properly the pumps must be doing what they need to?
On the newer machines, the charge pressure should be 360 psi minimum at full engine speed. The bucket curl and dump pressures are a little higher than the loader lift circuit.
Charge pressure from the service manual should be a minimum of 150psi on these. Should have more answers today.