I have a mid 80's Case 1835b uniloader, with 188 diesel and I'm having fuel delivery problems. Anyone have a fuel schematic? It will start and run fine until it warms up, then loses power at full throttle as it seems to starve for fuel. Sometimes stalls, but starts up again just fine. I've looked through threads on fuel system for information on fuel starvation. It appears that some issues involve the fuel pump, and gasket debris that clogs the lines. I have not removed the fuel pump yet. Here's what I've done so far. Replaced both thread-on fuel filters (twice). I removed the return fitting to the fuel pump (picture 1) , and it is clear. It has an after-market auxiliary low-pressure fuel pump that feeds into the 2-filter housing (picture 2 with auxiliary pump removed.) It draws from a small in-line canister (picture 3) right at the bottom of the fuel tank with a shut off valve treaded into the tank. I think this may be part of the problem if this canister is also a filter, as it has never been replaced. Anyone know a part number for this item (picture 3)? I will replace the rubber fuel lines from the tank to the auxiliary fuel pump and from that pump to the 2-filter housing. That's where I am for now.
I've never seen an inline fuel filter with a screw in fitting on it. If it were mine, I would get a tailpiece fitting & just install a more common inline filter that uses hoses on each end. Was there much trash inside that filter?
Get a clean bucket n turn the key on & WATCH the flow thru that little pump.. Let it run for a few gallons to see if it slows down.. Looking into the pump from the removed top cover connector, it looks like u might have a fuel QUALITY problem.. the fork looks a bit rusty.. U can remove the top cover & have a look.. it’s only 3-5/16 screws.. BUT.. DO NOT SNAP THEM OFF.. good luck.
Thanks for the prompt replies to a newbie; so much knowledge/wisdom in the forum. Yes, alrman, when I inverted and shook the canister filter, pretty cloudy, dirty fuel drained out of it. Good suggestion on the tailpiece fitting and standard inline filter. And, thanks for the reply from thepumpguysc. I will do as suggested later this week and let you know what I find. I've reviewed other posts referring to solenoid issues with the fuel pumps on Case 1835b, and it looks like there is a severed wire near my fuel pump which may have been to one of the solenoids. I'll check that too. I'm assuming since the additional fuel pump was added by previous owner, there must have been a prior fuel delivery issue. And, also assuming that the cylindrical piece in the third photo that looks like an inline filter is not a factory piece for this fuel system. Thanks again