I messed up … I was picking up a load of dirt and stalled the machine then it started rolling backwards slowly (1-2mph) down a small hill. I panicked because the brakes don’t work well and restarted the machine. Now I lost all left wheel controls, was no noises at all. Doesn’t bog the engine down at all no change in rpms. I pulled the inner cover to check the front drive chain at the motor and they’re intact from what I see. Doesn’t look like the drive motor is working. I have no gauges to check anything pressure wise. right side works perfect. Boom and bucket work perfect, fluids new and full. Thought about swapping hoses left to right and make sure the drive motor and everything work but the hoses don’t look long enough to swap. I just had the hydro unit taken out and a pump seal installed at a shop, looked over the hoses and everything looks intact and no leaks. I was an auto and diesel tech for 14 years. My 1st skidsteer and never had one apart.
Could a pressure relief valve cause this ? Should I pull the wheels and check the chains that way. Just hoping it didn’t break a shaft for the left side in the hydrostat unit. I have the guy who did the pump seal making a road call to come check it out. That’s a little over $100/hr. Hoping you guys can give me some ideas
Just trying to think through this problem. Never worked on a 1835B but did work on a few 1845's over the years and think they are about the same. Actually after looking at the parts break down in the link below I see the 1835B is a bit different than the 1845 that I was familiar with at the quarry. Believe the hydraulic that works the bucket is driven off the front of the two pumps that work the wheels so if the bucket works normal I would eliminate a broken shaft in the pumps. I think I would then jack up the left side so both wheels are off the ground and see if with engine off I could turn the wheels on that side. If they turn it would make me think a drive motor shaft might be broke. If looking at the parts break down will help check out this page: https://www.messicks.com/commoncatalog?vendor=cas&modelId=140781
Thank you. I’ll get the left side off the ground after work and see what I can find. I was actually looking at that same page this morning looking at the shaft in the drive motor thinking there has to be something wrong with it.