I sold my Allis Chalmers dozer (AC653) and decided to look for a skid steer to help with some work around the house. I came across a 1988 Case 1835C Uniloader that had 3310 hours on it on Craigslist. I got for $5000 and it came with a set of forks and a an OLD beat up utility bucket. The bucket was pretty worn out and rusted through. According to the seller, he had bought the skid steer from a farmer who used it to clean out stalls. The seller bought it and had forks installed and kept the bucket outside for a little over 14 years. The skid steer needed some serious cleaning! I think it was serviced regularly but never cleaned or pressure washed. I'm posting the pictures ( I have videos but I'm not sure how to post them) so please feel free to give me some constructive criticism.
Here's a few more:
More yet:
One last post. I rebuilt the bucket according to the original design and with the original specs. I'm new to a skid steer but is it common that you can't see the cutting edge? As you can see from the operator's seat, you can't see the cutting edge. Is this the design? I'm sorry if it sounds like a stupid question but I just assumed you should be able to see the edge of the bucket from the seat.
What you have is a light material or some call it a litter bucket. It is for bulky, light material thus the high back which obstructs the view of the edge. The standard GP or low profile bucket has a lower back and you can see the edge better.