Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 1835C With 3 Cylinder Diesel Engine Stuck After Sitting Up

JdubyaM ยท 2016-07-09 09:22

I have a Case 1835C Uniloader Skidsteer with the 3 cylinder diesel and the engine is stuck after sitting up for 2 years. Does anyone have any tips on how to get it to turn over? The fully charged battery won't turn it. Is there a way to turn it mechanically to break it free? Any help would be appreciated. JW

Replies2
  1. #1sims2016-07-09 13:24

    Pull the injectors. Squirt 2 or 3 ounces of your favorite penetrating oil in each cylinder (I like Marvel Mystery Oil or 50% ATF and Acetone), cork each injector hole, wait 3 days. Re-attempt to crank it over without the injectors. Watch out for flying oil spray. Repeat until free. Put it back together, change the oil and give it a whirl. Good luck SimS

  2. #2JdubyaM2016-07-09 14:40

    Thanks Sims..... Sounds Good! I appreciate all your help. JdubyaM