Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 1840 backhoe attachment

Herb Zielke ยท 2020-08-17 19:24

Hello, I recently bought a case 1840 skidsteer. It is a 92' or 93. I also bought a backhoe attachment that does not articulate. The bucket is the only thing that moves. I haven't tried to hook up yet. I have two hydronic quick connects at the front of the machine and it has an axillary control pedal on the floor. Does anyone know if this is going to work? I cant get a straight answer from my local case dealer. Thanks, Herb

Replies4
  1. #1Ed ke6bnl2020-08-17 19:43

    That should work with your floor pedal, my pedal is stuck but you should be able to remove the pin under the pedal and go to town

  2. #2phil3142020-08-18 12:17

    Yes, that will work fine with your 1840. It works the same way a snowplow would work and lots of people use those. Your just controlling a bucket instead of swinging a plow. Not sure what type of hydraulic connectors your machine has. Case used weird ones originally. Consider swapping them over to flat faced connectors. It will open up the ability to rent other attachments if you need to in the future.

  3. #3KSSS2020-08-19 21:24

    Those early models came with Pioneer couplers. As stated if your machine still has those you need to convert to the flat face version. Other than that, the machine will operate just fine, just make sure your foot articulation works on machine if not used, they lock up.

  4. #4Herb Zielke2020-08-19 22:02

    Thank you all. I will let you know how it works out.