Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 1840 coupler pin Help!

Cgp · 2020-05-12 12:08

Ok so first off I have a case 1840 uni-loader I was working and lost the lower pin for my case coupler and I can’t find it anywhere I was working. So I’ve first seached case website got 1 part number called my dealer and got the part which ended up too small in diameter and length. Part number: H673520 called my dealer back got another pin order they said would be the right one, it’s right in length but not in diameter. Part number: 222432A1 Called back and they asked for a serial number on the case coupler as he can’t search by sizes of the PIN I need or he needs a part number for the PIN, so I can’t find a serial number on the case coupler anywhere. with measuring I’ve come to see the diameter of the machine hole is 30mm, my existing PIN is 28mm and the PIN they gave me is 25mm which is very sloppy in the hole, the 28 moves a bit but the new one is completely sloppy. total length of the pin is 168mm I’m trying to add some photos but my internet is being flaky right now I’m hoping someone out there has run into this issue and can help me out as I have dirt to move and my machine is just sitting Thanks in advance

Replies7
  1. #1kshansen2020-05-13 08:23

    My first question would be is this a Case made coupler or is it possible someone mounted an aftermarket coupler? Where I worked we had an 1845C that the original coupler for the bucket was worn out and to save money they elected to go with an aftermarket coupler when doing repairs to the machine.

  2. #2Cgp2020-05-13 09:01

    Here’s some photos to go along with my post!

  3. #3Cgp2020-05-13 09:01

    The rest of the photos

  4. #4Cgp2020-05-13 09:04

    that could be possible, everything looks around the same age on the machine, if they installed a aftermarket coupler they’d them need to bore the hole bigger on the control arms as well, I don’t know how to know if any ch he’s have been done as there’s no identifying numbers

  5. #5kshansen2020-05-13 11:15

    Well not sure if there are any shops near you that do hydraulic cylinders? You could possibly buy some chrome rod from them and make your own pins easier than finding out what factory pin numbers are for the machine. Actually if it is lightly used machine you could probably get by with just plain cold-rolled steel pins, just keep it greased! One other thought would be the holes could be worn and are not even close to the original size anymore!

  6. #6heymccall2020-05-13 15:58

    222432A1 should be the correct pin. Looking at your pictures, someone upsized the holes rather than reboring them. Best bet is to have them fabricated. The diagram below is for your coupler. The twin welded tubes between are the later design.

  7. #7kshansen2020-05-14 10:27

    That is why I was wondering if the hole were worn, something did not look quite right in on of the pictures!