I took both control arms out of my 1840 case because the bushings were very worn and the control arms were quite sloppy. I also replaced the spherical ball bushing on the end of the pump control cross shaft. I got it put back together and now the machine wants to creep forward, the machine did not creep before I worked on it. When I removed the arms, I took the linkage shown out with the arms buy removing the two bolts that go through bracket 23 on each side, and I think that was probalby a mistake, and I don't think I got them back in the proper spot since they mount in a slotted hole. To stop the creeping, I believe that I need to adjust where bracket 23 is mounted to recenter the pumps. Does that sound correct? Is there a procedure to re-centering the pump?
Hey Chuck, I sold my Case 1840 and bought an 1845C, otherwise I would go out and take some photos that you could compare assemblies with, and possibly spot the differences. Perhaps one of the 1840 owners could do that for you and possibly allow you to spot the problem.
just take note of which direction that it creeps in, and adjust the nuts on 22 untill it fixes the problem. Not the end of the world. simple fix.