Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 1840 electrical wiring HELP

BunkerGear ยท 2024-07-08 11:21

My neighbor acquired a free Case 1840 from his boss a couple days ago. Sat for a year or so outside and a rodent chewed on some of the wiring. He didn't want to mess with it and purchased a newer one. So now we want to get it running. I've tried looking at the wiring diagram but can't find these areas on it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Here are some pictures. The one looks like a solenoid or something with 4 wires that go to starter and alternator maybe? The other is a green wire attached to back of machine and goes up somewhere behind filter and altenaor. Thanks again.

Replies2
  1. #1alrman2024-07-08 19:40

    Welcome to HEF @BunkerGear The picture that shows the relay (with 4 wires) is not factory fitted. It would have been installed to assist with activating the starter motor. The other pic (green wire) seems to be the wire for the fuel tank sender. I'm only guessing..... you may need to avail yourselves of some onsite electrical help......

  2. #2BunkerGear2024-07-08 20:05

    Thank you for the welcome. Thought this site would be of some help for us to figure some things when I found it as we are clueless, lol. I was wondering too if that relay was something added at some point. It was just kind of hanging there not attached to anything and couldn't see it on diagrams. I'm going to try and fix the broken green wire if I have enough room. The relay maybe difficult to reach. Thanks again for your reply, appreciate it.