I have a 1995 Case 1840 - I over tightened a nut and broke a stud, double ended with two different sizes. Case dealer could not find the part, any one have any ideas? Any help would be appreciated.
Best bet would be to go back to the dealer and look around in the service bay for the oldest man there. Show him what you need and he probably has one in a junk drawer in his tool box! Another option I can think of is if you have a good sample get a piece of hex stock and spend some time on the lathe and make one. If you don't have access to a lathe look around for the oldest machine shop and the oldest guy there and have him make you up a couple. Next option could be to check online for company that will make parts per your spec's. Forgot possibly the best option, if this is a part of the pump itself try doing a search on this site for thepumpguysc. He might know what you need and where to get one
I broke a similar bolt on a cav pump, stopped at the local injection pump shop and the lady at the desk asked me what model it was off of. I pointed to the large poster and said it's that one, one of the guys had one in 5 seconds. Of course if you're not convenient to a shop, then thepumpguysc is the next best thing.
Thank you both for the information, I appreciate it. I am heading to a local diesel repair shop this morning, if no luck I will get a hold of "thepumpguysc"
Injection pump rebuilders have this