Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

CASE 1840 Hydraulic Issues

JimE69 ยท 2022-06-03 13:39

Hello I have a 1840 thats decided to stop raising the bucket. If your lucky it will raise about halfway slowly then stop. I just paid $300 for 10 oring kit from case installed it in control valve and no change. All looked good in control valve nothing scarred. Fluids good. Am I missing something else here? Thought I would ask before I have to spend the $2800 that the Case dealer here wants for a new one. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Replies8
  1. #1heymccall2022-06-03 17:01

    When raised, will it stay there? You say "raise" bucket. Do you mean "carry" position (opposite of "dump"), or do you mean boom "lift"?

  2. #2alrman2022-06-03 17:04

    Hydraulics are about oil flow & pressure control. To begin, you need to test the main relief pressure. It's possible that the relief valve is faulty, or you may have a bad hydraulic pump. Does the bucket tilt work like that as well?

  3. #3Vetech632022-06-03 19:32

    Sounds like a pump pressure and low flow problem

  4. #4JimE692022-06-04 12:39

    Hey guys sorry didn't reply sooner. When I lift the boom it will start to raise slowly and then stops until I actuate the bucket control which will only dump and no curl back until I set it on the ground and back up it will then only go halfway before it stops completely

  5. #5JimE692022-06-04 12:47

    I really appreciate you guys taking the time to try and help me resolve this issue it's been an awesome machine and my funds are limited. Thank you

  6. #6heymccall2022-06-04 17:33

    Not to offend here, but, with the boom down and bucket flat, is the hydraulic oil level correct? In the sight glass?

  7. #7JimE692022-06-07 12:20

    No offense taking at all and I can't thank you enough for the time taken to help me troubleshoot and fix the issues at hand. It turns out the seal or gasket in the pump was washed out and I was able to find a replacement for it and problem solved. I kick myself in the ass for not asking or researching previous threads here it would have saved me the $300 wasted on the control valve o ring kit. Lesson learned! Lol Thank you again

  8. #8Welder Dave2022-06-09 14:57

    Same symptoms of having your aux. hyd's. on.