Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 1840 No instrument cluster lights when running

Sidis8 · 2020-11-10 21:53

Got a weird problem. With the key in the ON position, all the lights and the fuel gauge are on. But once I start it all the lights go away, nothing, no fuel gauge or the ok light. Anybody seen this before ?

Replies3
  1. #1mks2020-11-10 22:11

    Did you try jiggling or slightly turning the key back while engine is running?

  2. #2Vetech632020-11-11 08:03

    Are you sure that the lights that go off are the ones that are supposed to go off when it starts? (alt, oil pressure, etc...)

  3. #3Sidis82020-11-11 20:31

    Yh after it starts the whole panel goes away. Is the fuel and the green ok light supposed to stay on ? When I trip a circuit, like the air filter restriction gauge, that light comes on the panel with it running. Also, I don’t think the hour meter works