I have a case 1840 that originally the left drive stopped working. I found the valve plate was messed us so I replaced the valve plate and pistons to the left side. Also I went ahead and replaced the hydraulic filter. Once I put it back together it started up and would not go forward/reverse however the bucket goes up/down and tilts with plenty of power. The first thing I did was to loosen up the bleader at the top of filter to see the pressure and it has around 2200 psi on it, however when I go to either one of my test ports I bony have any pressure. Oil comes out of all of them but no pressure. I also tried to bled the inlet lines but still no help. Can anyone assist.
Hi Hudd, Case 1840, that's a skidsteer is that correct? If you scroll down the front page some more you'll find another subforum dedicated to skidsteers. Im guessing you will have a greater chance to get in touch with someone who knows these machines well if you post your question there. Good luck with your troubleshooting
There may be a special procedure to bleed the drive system at the pump.
Actually do not do that please. Multiple threads on the same topic just clutter the Forum up. Instead hit the "Report" button with a note to move the thread to appropriate forum and one of Mods will move it where it needs to be. Nige is very diligent in notifying us of threads that need to be moved to the appropriate forum. Oh yeah welcome to the Forums H1228! Glad to have you.
I reported it. Thanks for your assistance