Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 1840 oil filter half full

Case1840jesse ยท 2022-06-19 22:41

I just changed my oil and filter on my case 1840. When replacing the filter I noticed the filter on the machine was only half full. Should I be alarmed? What would cause this? This is the first oil change I have performed in this machine since purchasing it.

Replies2
  1. #1alrman2022-06-22 23:34

    Nothing to worry about, I often find them like that, especially after the engine has only had a short run to warm it a little before draining oil.

  2. #2ThreeCW2022-06-24 11:45

    The half full oil filter sounded weird to me ... I had never experienced that in 45 years of changing oil on gas and diesel engines, but I have always done hot oil changes. I did a quick google search and found this post, so perhaps you are OK: https://www.turbodieselregister.com/threads/filter-only-half-full-at-oil-change.225800/