Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 1840 relay question

FastStar ยท 2025-07-22 17:00

I have a case 1840 skid steer, it cranks but does not start. I found that the time delay relay rattles when I shake it, I am assuming it is bad? The part number for it is 300855A1 the OEM relay is $140 can anyone suggest if there is any aftermarket relay that will work and perhaps a link where I can purchase one? Think in advance.

Replies5
  1. #1Arny L2025-07-22 22:30

    AI says that relay is a "12v SPDT (Single Pole Double Throw) automotive relay with a 30 Amp current rating". Google that specification, and you should be able to find a replacement, or talk to your local auto parts supplier.

  2. #2FastStar2025-07-22 22:39

    Yes all that info I believe is correct, the only thing I'm concerned about is the delay time, I know they sell relays where you can set your own delay, but I was not able to find what the delay time on this one is. I was able to temporary fix my current one, one of the small capacitors was broken off and I was able to resolder it, but I don't think it will last long, at least I have some time to research though

  3. #3heymccall2025-07-22 22:40

    It ain't "just a relay". It has a timer incorporated within.

  4. #4Arny L2025-07-22 22:50

    I missed that part, I stand corrected.

  5. #5HarleyHappy2025-07-23 07:57

    Amazon is your friend with that.