Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 1845 Sprocket Cluster

Bradly Chisholm · 2019-09-27 04:02

Hello all, I have a Case 1845 and I was wondering if someone out there had some info to share with me regarding drive chain adjustment on the Sprocket Cluster ? I know the wheel adjustments, just not the one in the middle. Thanks in advance, Brad

Replies8
  1. #1pajibson2019-09-27 07:37

    other than end play that is set with shims, I didnt think there was any adjustment on the cluster sprocket. There is one for each wheel, and then for the drive chain from the motor to the cluster sprocket

  2. #2kshansen2019-09-27 09:15

    That is basically it, but if you need the actual information out of the Operators manual let me know here or in "Start a Conversation" and I can scan in a few pages. Spec's call for about 3/4 deflection in the chains. To get to the adjustments for the drive motors you need to remove the floor panel under your feet and clean out the dirt that is probably in there! If this is a 1845C you would probably need to slide the cab forward. Not a bad job if you have the operators manual, might do a Google search I would not be surprised if someone had made a video of that job!

  3. #3Bradly Chisholm2019-09-27 23:38

    This is a plain, slightly modified, 1845... I would like to take you up on your offer. Some scanned pages would be greatly appreciated. I wish the cab slid forward. Not easy trying to get to everything. Cheers, Brad

  4. #4kshansen2019-09-28 08:44

    Here are the pages out of operators manual:

  5. #5Bradly Chisholm2019-09-30 14:43

    kshansen, This is awesome ! Thank-you very much for scanning this... Brad

  6. #6Bradly Chisholm2019-10-15 02:55

    Hey all, Machine is back together, thanks to your help... Can you tell me what year my machine is? Serial#: 9836126 Does it take 10W/30 with HTO or Case TCH Oil in the hydraulics? I looked at some of the fluid that came out when I had to pull a hose and it didn't look like 10W/30....

  7. #7kshansen2019-10-15 16:15

    Can't say the year of your machine. The operators manual I have is dated 1979 and calls for Case TCH oil with 13 gallons needed for an oil change. If there is a Case dealer near you I might suggest asking them what the current recommendation on hydraulic oil is. Or maybe someone else can chime in if they know what oils are currently recommended.

  8. #8Bradly Chisholm2019-10-16 12:13

    Okay, thank-you. I’ve got one I can email, they’re few and far between up here... thanks again,