I need to replace the needle bearings on the right side axle of the machine, sprocket moves back and forth. I'm guessing I need to loosen the chains pull the axle and then work the sprocket out one of the access holes. I guessing 5 hours to do it. Thoughts or suggestions?
To R&R the axle bearings, you just need to remove the axle nut and pull the axle and housing out from the sprocket and chain case. IIRC there is enough chain slack to slip the axle out of the sprocket. Don't forget to do both axle seals while you're in there. SimS
So I don't need to press the bearings out of the sprocket? Just off the axle? Thanks for the suggestion on seals, missed that one on the parts break down.
If we're talking about the axle assembly, there are no bearings in the sprocket. See below: This the axle assembly without the sprocket: https://www.loaderpartssource.com/m...8eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/c/s/cs294m07.jpg This is the sprocket. The splined opening in the sporcket fits over the axle splines: https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/wBwAAOSwTIlci-kI/s-l400.jpg&f=1&nofb=1 This the complete assembly: https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=http://ww2.justanswer.com/uploads/DIRTWRENCH/2010-12-02_205400_spindle.gif&f=1&nofb=1 SimS
I'm sorry, I was referring to the sprocket between the axles. The parts diagram I looked up called it an axle shaft I thought, but apparently just a shaft. Its part number 20 in the link https://avspare.com/catalog/case/52343/39145/339196/
No problem. I don't have any experience with that repair. Get your hands on a repair manual see what it says to R&R that sprocket bearing. SimS