Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 1845C belt squeels and loses bucket controls

Techman71 · 2021-10-09 23:30

Hi all, newbie owner and member here. Unit has 2980 hours. JAF0252255. Previous owner stated it would “lose power when engine warmed up.” I brought it home and ran it hard for a few hours. Ran great however 3 times I got it to act up. It starts with the belt squealing. It loses bucket controls(tilt and up/down) but it still drives forward and backwards. Each time I would shut it down, inspect the belt and pulleys as best I could, then re-start it and problem goes away. On one occasion after it acted up…while it was shut down I noticed the unit roll backwards like the brake had released or something. So maybe it’s affecting the parking brake also I’m not sure. I removed the radiator and belt to inspect pulleys. Only thing I’ve found is the tensioner has some play. Not at the pulley but where it pivots. Belt is cracked and worn too. I haven’t got the pump off yet to check the drive coupler. Am I on the right track if I replace the tensioner and belt or could this be the pump slipping and/or going bad ?? Thanks

Replies3
  1. #1heymccall2021-10-10 07:23

    It has to be the pump coupling, and/ or pump.

  2. #2Techman712021-10-10 17:42

    I removed the pump and coupler. A lot of play in the splines. I’ll replace it and post again if it acts up. My fingers crossed it’s not the pump. Thanks a lot

  3. #3Techman712021-10-12 19:09

    Would anyone know torque specs on the rear motor mount and drive coupler bolts ? Thanks