I have a 1992 Case 1845C that I am told needs a new, or the present control valve rebuilt. It may not be called a control valve, but it is the hydraulic valve that controls the raising and lowering of the bucket, tlilt, etc. Because of the cost of a new one, I would like to attempt to rebuild the one I have. I was told the spool valve is shot. Does anyone have any instructions on how to service this valve that would show a diagram and part numbers............thanks.
Not saying it ain't possible, but I have only seen only a handful of control valve spools that are shot, typically from very abrasive environments. If it has seals bad and leaking, that's a different issue unless, in fact, the valve bore or spool is shot. What is the problem you're having with the valve/machine?
ATCO, Thanks for responding. The present valve is leaking fluid where a control lever goes in and out of the valve body. Also, when the bucket is tilted upwards to hold stuff in the bucket, it ( the bucket ) sometimes drops completely all the way down without the valve being operated. It is one of those nerve racking things wondering if the bucket will stay in position or not......thanks again.
Problem with crowd could be load check valves - not sure which valve you have but it will have load checks regardless
alrman, Thanks for the diagram. I should mention that I had the seals replaced last fall, and by this spring with relatively little usage, it was leaking again. The seal replacement did not cure the bucket dropping. I will see about getting some new seals and check valves and see how that goes.......thanks again.
i have a 1992 case 1845c my raise and lower works fine but the tilt won,t turn up and it flops down it will pick the the machine up on the tilt down what could be the problem
Welcome to HEF @anewman You have a problem in one of your tilt cylinders - piston retaining bolt is loose or broken.