Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 1845c- draining water from fuel tank?

dakuch ยท 2011-12-16 09:49

We have purchased a Case 1845c skid steer, new to diesels how and where do you drain water water from diesel fuel tank? We always put a little fuel injection cleaner (lucas) in tank when we fill in up. How often should you drain? Thanks

Replies1
  1. #1Hardline2011-12-16 10:45

    If it has the correct filter on it there will be a drain on the bottom of the filter on the right side of the engine. The fuel tank itself on that machine is the tower of the frame and can not be removed for cleaning. Look on the side of the machine the fuel tank is on. On the bottom of that tank you will see a drain plug welded in. I would recommend pulling that out when the machine is low on fuel. Pulling it with a full tank will result in lots of fuel coming out at a rapid rate. If it were me I would drain the filter off a bit every time I put fuel in it to get a feel for how dirty my machine/ fuel supply is. The tank I would just do it now that you do not know what is in the tank. JJ