Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 1845C Drive Chain Questions

sims ยท 2014-08-31 12:24

I'm going through a new to me 1845C. I'm checking, adjusting, lubing,etc. I went to adjust the drive chain for the LH hydraulic motor and there is no more adjustment to be had. The chain is still too floppy. Also the RH hydraulic motor chain is too tight. I'm just like Goldilocks!!. Any way I thought I will replace both chains and adjust accordingly. Can anyone tell me what size chain and how many links or feet I need to do both sides on the drive motors? TIA SimS

Replies2
  1. #1Georgia Iron2014-08-31 20:12

    I think it is a chain size 100 I Wouldtake out your old chains and measure how long they are

  2. #2sims2014-09-02 11:04

    Right. The driven chains are 100. I found out over the week end that the drive chains are #60H. Thanks. SimS