Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 1845C Engine Temp Light

thegreyrider ยท 2012-04-26 10:37

I have an 1845C that the engine temp light is on always. Any ideas?

Replies6
  1. #1alrman2012-04-27 00:04

    Welcome to the forum greyrider :drinkup Usually you would check the switch to start with - try disconnecting it & see if the light goes out. It is located near where the top radiator hose goes on to the cylinder head. If the light goes out, while wire is off - you need a new sender unit.

  2. #2thegreyrider2012-04-27 07:14

    Thats good to know. I didnt realize that if i pulled the wire the light would go out, and that was the way to test. I picked up a new temp sensor already, i just havent swapped it yet, and seeing it was like 50 bucks if thats not it ill take it back.

  3. #3pcweber2012-05-01 22:23

    can we assume when hot it is a short to ground or is it still some resistance? (I ask because I would not mind confirming mine will work by shorting it and the wiring/ bulb is fine)

  4. #4thegreyrider2012-05-02 08:20

    I lent my loader to a friend this week, but i hope to have it back today. I am going to pull the wire and see if the light goes out. either way i did pick up a temp sensor, so regardless of the results of pulling the wire off the sensor i will replace the sensor. I will update this thread with the results of pulling the wire as to whether the light status changed, and if the sensor was the issue.

  5. #5alrman2012-05-02 18:04

    The temp sender is a switch to ground. By shorting the wire to ground the light should be on & alarm should sound.

  6. #6thegreyrider2012-05-02 20:15

    I did pull the wire and the light went out, although when i re-connected it the light is still out. Maybe the wire is shorted somewhere, not sure, but either way i dont think its the sensor itself. Thanks all for the information.