Hello All, I'm a long time reader here but never joined since I didn't have my own equipment but I finally purchased my first skid steer. I bought an 1845C and I am unsure of the year. The PIN tag that is supposed to be in the cab according to the users manual that ID's the year is gone. I haven't had it home for long but long enough to use it a couple times and notice that I have a pretty good hydraulic oil leak. (I bought it off a bobcat dealer that took it in on trade and wanted it gone and I have since contacted him and so far he is standing behind the machine but I haven't talked $$ with him yet.) I tore into it this weekend and I found that the gear pump in the back under the radiator is where the leak is coming from. I have it dismantled at this point to see that I am going to need a new pump as well as a new coupler. The splines on the pump shaft are severely worn and so are the coupler splines. I have the old pump out and cleaned up and it is a Cessna 25308-LAF pump. I have found that these pumps are discontinued and they are replaced with a 26013-LAA Eaton pump. I have found a new pump and now my trouble is that I haven't been able to find a new coupler. The old pump is an 11 spline drive shaft as well as the new one. Everything I am finding for a new coupler is for a 13 spline drive shaft. Does anyone know what part number I am looking for to find the 11 spline shaft? I would really like to get a service/parts manual for it but I haven't ordered one yet because of not knowing the year. I wasn't sure if they were universal to cover all the years or what. Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.
I had this problem last year my machine is about 96, couldt get the old type pump as the coupler has been modified ,so was quoted some daft amount by the main stealer,(for new pump and coupler)I found a replacement pump as was on and bought a coupler from ebay they are the same as on some case backhoe loaders found via e bay.(worn splines and coupler genetic problem I believe)
Guys, just curious what the appx hours are on your machines? Thanks
Replace your fan belt when its all apart. Steve
Jeepwalker -- My machine had just under 4200 hours on it when I started having issues. To let everyone know what all transpired, I did end up finding the old style 11 spline coupler. Took me a while but I did find it (sorry I don't have the part # with me though). So I am all back together with a new 11 spline coupler and 11 spline Eaton pump. I figured if the first one lasted over 4000 hours I shouldn't have to worry about it in my lifetime. I serviced the entire machine after I got it all put back together and noticed I have two more projects to take care of on it. I need to drain the chain cases and wash with diesel fuel as some of the other forums on here have talked about. I have a nice chocolate milk looking mixture of crap in both sides. That project is on my short list so that next time I get a free weekend I have to get that done. I'm not entirely sure how the water (or at least that is what I assume) got in there but I know I need to get it out before it does any more damage. I'm not sure if the previous owner left it sit outside or what. The other project I have to work on is that I have a valve leak somewhere in my bucket controls. When I pick up heavier items and carry them a distance, the forks will settle a little bit on me. I'm not sure where to start on this project but I know I saw a couple old forums on it so I will have to search and read them. I'm hoping its something as simple as an O ring or something like that.
Hello, would you be able to share a link for the pump and coupler you found on Ebay? My machine has about the same hours your machine has ...might be something I need to look into. Thanks!