Over the winter the splined hub in which the hydraulic pump shaft sits stripped. It was a relatively easy piece to find and replace. I couldn't immediately find a replacement shaft however, and since the shaft spline was actually in decent shape I left it alone and put it in the new hub without taking the pump apart. Whether that is related to this or not I don't know but my hydraulic pump has recently begun leaking fluid, quite a bit. I have done some searched for repair seal/gasket kits but have so far come up empty. Does anyone know if there are seal kits for it and where I might find one? Del
Any chance of a S/N and maybe a picture of the "pump" to be sure we are talking the correct pump? Maybe pointing to the point where you see the leak?
Pump at rear of machine?
I haven't pulled the pump off yet, and it looks like the S/N is on the bottom which makes it impossible to read - maybe if I had detached retinas. Yes, it is at the rear of the machine beneath the radiator. It looks like heymccall's parts diagram is the one, though mine may be a little fatter - note that on mine I cannot get a socket past the pump body to remove the two mounting bolts. Part #1 on that diagram is the hub I had replaced in the winter. It really only has three leak options, the inlet, the outlet, or out of the body. In the last shot of the pump you can see that the bottom is washed clean from the oil leak.
Here's the best shot I could get of the tag.
All the pumps are too fat to use a socket on them. You can get the $20 shaft seal or, at the age of the machine, get the $120 seal kit. I usually find 16, 17, or 18 missing material.
Yeah, the kit makes sense once you take it apart. Do you have a source for purchase? I don't have a local case dealer and would have to order it anyway.