Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 1845c Hydraulic sensor? What part number

Larpy ยท 2020-06-18 12:52

This pictured sensor has a broken tab where the wire hooks up to the top. The sensor is on the driver's side of the tandem pump. I have searched Messick's online parts resource but I can not find the part number for it. My machine is 1996. Anyone have any ideas? I am assuming this is a pressure sensor. Thanks!

Replies5
  1. #1heymccall2020-06-18 14:11

    #3 iirc, but they show stud, not blade. By style, that is a temperature sensor.

  2. #2kshansen2020-06-18 15:20

    As for the electrical connector being different I can think of two reasons right off. First is have you looked at the wire hanging down in the machine? Good chance there is a little slide on adapter hooked t the wire and a nut to hold it on the new sender. Second is that they may have changed the style of the connection and did not think it was important to make a new drawing for the blade type connection. OH! and a third one maybe someone like me had worked on the machine and in a pinch used a slightly different sender to get the machine out the door and just crimped on a new wire end. Sometimes you just have to do what needs doing to get a machine back in service! On at least one motorcycle Forum it is called the curse of the PO! "PO=Previous Owner"

  3. #3Larpy2020-06-18 17:13

    Thanks! It was a stud on mine but it is twisted off. I wonder if I can fix that..... The sensor is pricey!

  4. #4Larpy2020-06-18 17:28

    When I cross reference three part and search it the info states it is a temp sensor. I would have thought it was a pressure sensor. At $90 I am going to sr if I can reattach the post some how.

  5. #5kshansen2020-06-18 20:10

    For that price I would be seeing what I could buy a water temperature sender for from some place like NAPA!