Hey fellas so I just changed my oil and everything that I have read says it takes 6.7 quarts. Had a 7 quart drain pan it filled it and then some. Took almost 10 quarts to put at full on dipstick. Last time I changed it was 4yrs ago only put 150hrs on it. What's your thoughts? Wrong dip stick? Oil cooler that I'm not seeing? Not sure what to do. It's obviously been runnig with this much oil for the whole time I've owned it and probably previous owner also.
Is 6.7 quarts the capacity of just the reservoir or the complete system? All the lines and hyd. components can hold a lot more oil than the reservoir.
Just to be clear are we talking engine oil capacity or hydraulic system? If engine oil, any chance there is a part number on the dipstick to check to see if it's the right one?
Yes, good question. I figured it was hyd. oil because of the 3 extra quarts.
If its a cummins engine that's about right. Bob
The service manual on mine says 11 quarts.
I was wondering the exact same thing. I just purchased a 1994 1845C and was changing all the fluids. I to read engine oil capacity was 6.7 quarts. I checked the oil level before draining, and it was right at the full mark. When I drained it, I got about 3 gallons in a 5-gallon bucket. It took around 3 gallons to fill with a new filter. I was worried that the dip stick tube must have changed, but it all looked to be in good shape and original. Good to hear that your manual said 11 quarts. I feel better knowing that it is fine.