Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 1845C oil pressure idiot light never comes on.

pcweber ยท 2012-11-19 07:16

I have had this loader for 6-8 months. Just noticed when I turn the key on,. but dont start it the oil light is not on then either. (nor is it on when running) All other lights work/ go off when started. Can anyone affirm it should be when key on, not running? If so, I noticed it has a sensor on right side of block that looks like an oil presure sensor/ switch. I assume I should try replacing that first. If I want to check the lamp function should I ground the wire connected to it or is that too much of a short circuit?

Replies3
  1. #1crewchief8882012-11-24 10:22

    might want to check and see if it even has a bulb in it. removing the bulb is a quick "fix" for a bad sender, or low oil pressure :drinkup

  2. #2Jeepwalker2012-11-24 11:13

    Several lights on mine illuminate when the switch is turned to the 'on' position ...but then goe off once started. I believe the oil light is one of them. I'll check at first chance and repost.

  3. #3RHINOS TRANNYS2012-11-24 19:27

    with the key switch in the on position, pull the wire off the oil sending switch on the block. touch the wire end to the block and see if the light on the dash comes on if it does then the sender is bad. if the light does not come then check it.