Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 1845c tandem pump issue

bonvie99 ยท 2021-03-23 21:56

I just replaced the o rings on the outer sleeve and drive spool to fix a leak on top of the tandem pump - the rear pump. I put the sleeve and spool back in how it's supposed to go, and the leak stopped but now the pump is making a whine noise, like it's starving for oil. The control lever attached to it works fine. I drained 5 gallons from the reservoir before I removed the spool, then put it back in when done. I thought it may be air in the system, but I drove it around for a good 20 minutes and that should be long enough to work it out. My next step is to pull the sleeve and spool again and make sure a piece of dirt didn't get in there, but I doubt it. Any suggestions? Could there still be air in the system causing this noise?

Replies4
  1. #1Welder Dave2021-03-24 02:26

    See if Case has a procedure for bleeding the pump.

  2. #2heymccall2021-03-24 10:52

    The only bleed procedure is to engage the wheel motors, either in the air, or on the ground.

  3. #3Welder Dave2021-03-24 12:04

    My skid steer calls for turning the engine over (not starting it) for about 15 to 20 seconds a few times to prime it.

  4. #4phil3142021-03-24 12:33

    My only thought is to make sure the spool sleeve is fully seated down. It has ports that that will be partially blocks if it's not fully seated.