I guess they are impossible to find. I have a dozer that needs both right and left idler assemblies. Case has them on indefinite backorder, and every aftermarket company I have checked with cant do anything either. Anyone know of this issue with these machines? I haven't figured out why no one manufactures these.
What's going on with the ones you have? Are the axles worn out or the shells? It seems odd that no on has access to them. Are they not the same as the 2050 they make now.
The shells are completely gone, too thin to even weld up. I haven't been able to get measurement specs to even try to find a possible crossover idler I could adapt. I have noticed that the drivetrain (less the engine) is exactly the same as a Fiat Allis FD175 Dozer, so now Im wondering if the idlers may be close. They evidently didn't make very many of these 1850's.
Try this place S&S tractor parts Inc 315-673-4966
Have you tried Great Lakes? Part numbers I think: 76040858 Bare wheel 76040882 Assembly RH 76040883 Assembly LH Great Lakes Eq Co 592 MAYERS AVE Oglesby, Illinois, 61348 USA Phone: (815) 450-9158 or (815) 450-9158 Email: [email protected] Schaefer also lists the bare wheel: Schaefer Enterprises Phone: (618) 833-5498 Guessing it was orphaned like a lot of others in the CASE/NH/Kobelco/FIAT implosion.
Wilson-Finley Company shows FT3741 which is BERCO, should be the LH, might be able to swap a couple brackets and make one work on the RH side, give them a call: Phone: (844) 243-1311 This machine is a CASE/New Holland/FIAT/Hitachi/Kobelco/Allis, WTH? Bastid orphan child.
I will give all of them a try tomorrow. I will report back what I find. Till then , thank you fellas.
Yes, this is a oddball machine. Its a Fiat-Hitachi built machine. It has been rebranded for Case, New Holland, and Kobleco, which are the children of Fiat. The 2050M is a case built dozer, not a rebranded Fiat-Hitachi. Thus the parts are not interchangeable to my knowledge. Best of luck on your undercarriage hunt.
Well, shouldn't that be "were" the children of Fiat? Seems the family is pretty well disconnected since most of the incestuous parts are no longer available in North America. Tried to help a guy with a New Holland dozer that needed a final drive. That one was built by Macmoter under contract to Fiat and then rebranded NH. No joy at all through any dealer in the US. NLA. And Macmoter is NLWU as in defunct.
And I thought Allis was bad!! FA made them worse but I can still find SOME stuff.
Im just now getting back to this machine. I call Mark there, but he couldn't do anything. He did turn me onto North American track though, talked to guy name JJ but he couldn't do anything with these idlers either. On to the next!
I tried both Great lakes and Wilson, neither stock these idlers anymore evidently due to slow movement. Your help with the Berco # has given me a lead through my local Berco distributor here in Tulsa. The right is a FT3740 and the left is a FT3741. They are trying to track me some down so I should know something in a day or 2. Thanks for the help!
Just to let everyone know, these idlers are obsolete. None to be found anywhere, Case has them on indefinite back order, and no aftermarket manufacturer makes them. I'm searching for individual parts to see if I can come up with enough to build these. If not, I will be pulling them and attempting to adapt another idler set to this rail frame. Thanks for the suggestions though! Jeff
Wonder if a machine shop could build an outer ring to spec then cut down the old idler and press the new ring on and weld it up
Yes this could be done, but I'm using this as a last resort!
Would be similar to how the old steam train engine wheels were relined.. I have to work in the same direction as my old Allis has been obsolete for decades.
I guess you could possibly find a new set that had the same outside deminsions but mounted differently then have machine shop cut new outer rings off and fit to old hubs. I know this would be a last resort, other than finding some at an equipment salvage yard. Good luck hope you find them soon
In days of old when mechs were bolt, we put them in the sub arc welder and built them back up with weld...... Before the Italians and then the Koreans, and then the Chinese made them too cheap to rebuild.
You might try Kentucky Equipment & Engineering. They do a lot of u/c rebuilds and I know the use to reweld idlers. They rebuild rollers , do a lot of things you don't usually see around dealers. They do a lot of work for dealers. Might be a long shot as well.
One final attempt may be Kwikparts Kingdom City MO. The people running it are mostly old Cooke Equipment(FA Dealer) ex employees. Kwik Parts LLC Co in Williamsburg, MO - 573-642-2258 Their website is gone but the shop was still working last week.
These guys have advertised a great deal of Case units: https://stlouis.craigslist.org/hvo/6058060196.html Wolf Lake IL