Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 188 in place of 207

turbotech ยท 2011-04-08 01:14

I have been having a hard time finding engine parts for my Case 207D turbo. I have been beginning to think maybe just put a non-turbo engine in it. I know the 207D will fit. What would I have to change to put a 188D in it? Would the engine mounts and shuttle bolt right up to the 188D?

Replies4
  1. #11080 bobcat2011-04-08 10:14

    What kind of parts are you looking for

  2. #2turbotech2011-04-08 10:40

    I am looking for 3 turbo pistons, 4 sets of lower rod bearings and upper piston bushings for turbo (big pins). The Case dealer wants $280 a piston and a fair amount for the bearings as compared to Federal Mogul or Clevite. The rest of the parts I need for the rebuild I can use from buying a non-turbo out of frame rebuild kit. I have been weighing the option of just buying the turbo engine parts, converting it to non-turbo (crank & rods), or just going with a used 188D. I have been told the 188D will bolt right in.

  3. #3stumpjumper832011-04-08 18:22

    188 & 207's are the same block, just different heads.

  4. #4turbotech2011-04-08 22:34

    Are the outside parts of the crank the same for the shuttle and the hyd pump? Anyone know if a 207D turbo engine injector pump will work on a 207D naturally aspirated engine? Does the 207D turbo pump put out more fuel for the turbo?