Has anyone here replaced bushings in the rod end of the bucket tilt pistons? I was given a part number by case and ordered the 4 bushings (Two per rod end) only to find out that I cant seem to see any sign of an outline of bushing in the piston rod end...see pictures. If you look inside you can see that the center you can see a raised area and I thought that that may be the back of the bushing. I believe that what I'm looking at is just a grease channel that is machined into the rod end. I sanded the face of rod end to see if I could bring out an outline and bang on that inside lip hoping for the same with no luck. Any info on this would be appreciated. I am also told that their are no bushing in quick attach are they are not removable or replaceable and that the whole quick connect tilt carriage must be replaced. Is there another solution for this? I had replaced the left side drive motor last month because of Eatons defective drive motors that were installed in the 40xt up till mid 2003. If needed I have all the gruesome details if anyone needs info.
Might not have the split bushings. On my Case loader pivots, it shows a 2 piece bushing but didn’t have them in it. A boring bar and some shavings later, it does now.
I don’t even see a zerk fitting either.
Looking at your photos and description, you're likely correct—that raised center area is probably a grease distribution channel, not the back of a bushing. Some rod ends have pressed-in bushings that sit flush or slightly recessed, making them nearly invisible until worn. Clean the bore thoroughly and use a bright light at an angle. If there's truly a bushing, you might see a faint seam or press-fit line. Alternatively, measure the bore ID—compare it to the pin diameter and the bushing OD from the parts diagram. If the bore matches the bushing OD, they're likely present but tight.