Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

case 207d valve seal options

HoeHoeHoe ยท 2024-05-02 20:28

I have a case 580c with the 207d engine and I think the valve seals are leaking but have to do more investigating . I was going to order seals and gaskets but I'm a bit confused . Looks like the 207 doesn't use modern valve seals, but square o rings and relies on the valve guide fit to stop oil from getting by ? There is the teflon seal option but that requires pulling the head I was hoping to do an over the fender repair. I'm afraid if I do the just the original style seals they wont do anything , and pulling the head and doing valve guide is only option ?

Replies2
  1. #1Tinkerer2024-05-03 07:31

    If the valve guides and valve stems are badly worn you only have one option to fix the oil consumption that is caused by them.

  2. #2HoeHoeHoe2024-05-03 08:15

    Yes , after some more digging it looks like they rely on some oil getting by to prevent valve sticking .