Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

case 210 vs komatsu 210

C whittle ยท 2015-06-06 20:32

i am about to upgrade to a new excavator. I have narrowed my search to a 210 case or 210 komatsu. I'm just looking for some different opinions?? thanks

Replies17
  1. #1Mike L2015-06-06 21:27

    Who offers better service?

  2. #2Shimmy12015-06-07 09:40

    I have a 210C. Great machine. Cab is biggest Case has ever had. Excellent on fuel. These are some good points. The biggest negative is it has a particulate filter. Has to regen about every 8 hrs. Not a big deal, I haven't had a single problem with it in over 700 hrs, but will probably need attention at some point. I have ran a good bit of Komatsu. The new ones have awesome cabs, but for me, that's all the good I can say. I've always though their counterweights were a little light, and I hate their long control levers.

  3. #3case9030b2015-08-22 21:55

    Im just looking at purchasing a 210c (currently have a 210x 2003 model cummins)Have a 210c on rental for a week sure is good on fuel,does anyone know when the d model will come out?

  4. #4clintm2015-08-22 22:00

    the D's are advertised here but have not had the chance to check one out yet in person

  5. #5Shimmy12015-08-22 22:02

    I think it is out? I saw some advertising for the D series on facebook just today. I wonder if the DEF is going to be the answer. That cab on the C is sure comfy, isn't it?

  6. #6clintm2015-08-22 22:04

    I have heard a couple of long time komatsu customers that was not happy with the late model machines. heard one took that all of their machines back after a year of giving the dealer a chance to make them right.

  7. #7clintm2015-08-22 22:07

    yeah they just done a complete service yesterday on my 350C 1800HRS the only problem has been a short in the A/C wire that feeds the condenser fan and all the 350C's in my area done it at about the same time this summer.

  8. #8Shimmy12015-08-22 22:24

    Clint, you have aux hydraulics on your 350C? Only reason I ask is I've noticed it more than a few times already if I am using the aux function and trying to curl the bucket at the same time I'll get a strange little hiccup in the bucket control. Feels eerily familiar to the hydraulics cutting in and out on the 9030's. I have around 900 hrs, and until Jan. 2017 for warranty. Thoughts?

  9. #9case9030b2015-08-23 00:35

    Heres my old 9030 was a great machine,it had 7500hrs on it when it caught fire.(pin hole in lift hoses near a fire) the C is a comfortable machine

  10. #10case9030b2015-08-27 05:35
  11. #11Shimmy12015-08-27 08:35

    On my lighter work, around 3 gph. If I'm working the snot out of it, around 5. The key is that if you can stand it, keep the throttle on auto (A). I'm not sure what Case claims, my guess is that Auto is around 25% slower than Speed Priority (SP).

  12. #12Shimmy12015-08-27 08:37

    clintm

  13. #13JGibson2015-08-27 18:15

    Got a little time on PC200HD-8. Decent machine, I found it too be very stable but then again it was an HD not a LC (HD is turned up and bigger UC). Got to try a CX130C at an auction (no digging or anything) But it was incredibly smooth and as everyone else has said, very very comfortable cab. If you have had good luck with Case, why switch? My vote goes for Case

  14. #14case9030b2015-08-28 02:27

    Getting the CASE 210C

  15. #15clintm2015-08-30 22:05

    shimmy been busy last week haven't been on here. I have not noticed the aux affecting the bucket curl .but I have not got to run it much lately it normally is feeding the crusher.it does have a thumb.

  16. #16KWD2015-09-01 14:45

    are Case over there , Sumutomo same as in Europe

  17. #17Shimmy12015-09-01 21:36

    That's what everybody says. My 210 says Sumitomo on the serial number tag.