Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 310G Dozer

Curt Shinabarker ยท 2018-08-26 12:35

I have been working (in my "free" time) to resurrect a Case 310G diesel dozer for just about a year now. I was finally ready to fire it up last weekend. I cranked and cranked and thought I would kill the batteries. But finally, the dozer started. It was a short-lived success however... as coolant poured from the front of the dozer. In hind site, I should have checked the clearances between the radiator frame and the fan blade. One of the fan blades contacted the bottom of the radiator frame/reservoir, curled and then proceeded to gouge a trough in the radiator cooling fins. I will get the radiator re-cored but the fan blade is so mangled, I don't think it can be repaired. I've been searching for a replacement fan blade with no luck. Can someone offer me any assistance in finding a source?

Replies5
  1. #1Dave Neubert2018-08-27 20:28

    Wengers of Myerstown - Parts Myerstown, Pennsylvania Phone: (800) 843-0930 They show to have one parted out

  2. #2Curt Shinabarker2018-08-28 07:12

    Awesome... I will check it out. Thank you.

  3. #3born2ride2018-09-09 21:51

    I think my neighbor might have a few of them. are they all the same through the years?

  4. #4mike_belben2018-09-10 07:53

    I see no reason why you cant hammer that blade back into suitable shape over a stump. Shape the wood to create the dolleys you need for recurving the fin. Heat the part if you need to. Solder or braze the radiator and save your money for the other stuff its sure to need. What if its got no drive or steer? New fan wont help.

  5. #5Tinkerer2018-09-10 09:01

    Don't heat the fan blades. There is a high probability they will break from the smallest vibration or flexing !