Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 310G – Lift Cylinders Leaking after Repacked

Airman89 · 2025-09-09 17:55

They only leak when lifting/retracting the cylinders no leaks when downward force is applied. Is it possible to install the rubber backwards that goes in the middle of the gland? That’s about the only thing I could see that would cause the cylinders to both leak out the ends after I just repacked them. Any other thoughts? Thanks

Replies5
  1. #1Coaldust2025-09-09 18:33

    I think you are on the right track and the U cups got installed backwards. I assume you have an external leak and not an internal leak.

  2. #2Airman892025-09-09 20:54

    Yeah I was wondering if those could be installed backwards… I know I did now. The “U” is facing external direction instead of internal and yes it is an external leak coming out at the rod. Thanks for the reply.

  3. #3willie592025-09-09 21:32

    Hey, many of us seasoned wrench benders learned our craft by ***** things up along the way. And experience is the best teacher, it allows you to recognize a mistake when you make it a second time.

  4. #4Airman892025-09-10 09:32

    Well I can’t say that was a fun job trying to get those stiff new u cups out in one piece but I got them and it fixed the leak. Thanks again!

  5. #5Tinkerer2025-09-10 09:43

    Warming them up in hot water makes it easier to install them.