Hey guys I'm not sure if this thread is against the rules or not but. I'm a small excavating business looking at buying a small dozer I do not have a huge demand for a small dozer but can come in handy. I've got a 850b long track. But Some days it's just in the Way. I found a case 350 dozer. Anybody have any operator, or wrench time on these little dozers or know what they are worth I've only found two for sale on the Internet? Case equipment isnt very common around here if its not a backhoe or skid loader. This one I'm looking at looks very nice low hours and everything works as it should. Any info would be greatly appreciated
I had the loader version of the 350. They are a really handy machine and push fairly well, as well as being well balanced and pretty easy to work on. The motors are pretty reliable and have no inherent problems I am aware of. The transmission is OK and no overly strong, but will do the job. the steering will not lock a track but rather slow one down while speeding the other up through a band brake on a drum with planetary gears. This works great for pushing while steering, but lacks when wanting to make tight turns. Brakes are not overly good either.