I recently bought this little dozer to do a few things around my property and maybe a side job or two. Long and short of it the left final drive took a crap on me and I’m searching for a reasonable replacement. Some of the prices I’ve been quoted are close to what the entire machine cost me. I’ve been searching all over the web for one and it’s frustrating to say the least. What would be a good recourse to go to for one of these. Thanks for any help you have Ron
Here's a place that you can check they are at Groom Lake, IL Schaefer Enterprises (800) 626-6046. Good Luck Bud.
Back in the 1980s, hit a hidden pine stump on a Case 350 and it broke the rear drive sprocket shaft axle (severed in two or three big pieces) At that time the shaft was avail locally and replaced it and the bearings for $300-400. I have not dealt with this company but found this link, but it might be a starting point to give you some ideas. https://www.brokentractor.com/c/cas...310-350-350b-final-drive-shaft-gear-bearings/ From what I remember on ours, shaft #4 in the pic as well as bearings and seals were replaced and clean everything out and reassembled. I believe the bearings and seals were avail at local bearing dealers and the only Case items needed were the shafts. (Do not attempt this work unless you have the experience and necessary heavy equipment to lift and properly support the weight. I personally know someone who lost their life when the jack & support under dozer shifted on them.) Hope this helps.
The wide tracks were always hard on finals as I recall....
If I remember, it was also a chore getting that large single sprocket nut off and torqued back on. I think I had to borrow a hammer wrench just to get it broke loose and seems like it had a really high torque value to retorque it. I had my 350 for about 7 years and that final drive axle issue was the the only major problem I had with it.
Look on Machinery Trader they will give you a list of company's that have them parted out. but you are not going to get out cheep unless you can find someone that has a parts machine that they want to sell