Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 350B diff fluid?

Fordman ยท 2015-10-19 17:26

just got the diff and trany back from case. When I was there I asked them what fluid to use, and it puzzled him. In the manual it says use a mineral oil or 90w/140 gear oil. I heard you need mineral oil for the brake bands in the diff. however, 3 hours before the diff blew up i changed the fluid with a 90w ford tractor mineral oil at tractor supply. Do you think I should try this oil again, or use regular gear oil? I was just scared that the oil may have been linked to the failure. thanks

Replies1
  1. #1sheepfoot2015-10-19 21:50

    Well the older units list the 135-H EP gear lube at a temp above + 10*, around 7qts for the trans. They also list the case #1 engine oil 30wt at a temp - 20* to + 60*.