Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 40+4 Trencher need info

astoneburner ยท 2013-05-12 20:58

Hello everyone I am new to this forum. Just purchased a case 40+4 trencher and need to locate parts manual. Does anyone know where I can locate serial number and approx year it was built. Going to need new drive belt and have no idea of part numbers etc. Thanks in advance. Alan

Replies5
  1. #1sheepfoot2013-05-12 21:33

    S/N should be at the rh lower corner of the dash, thinking around 70's 80's , most had the Wisconsin gas engine but it was also built with the Deutz diesel. You can go to the casece parts web site under parts, type in your 40+4 and search. Seems their was a single and or double belt on some.

  2. #2astoneburner2013-05-14 01:45

    Thanks sheepfoot went to casece parts and found almost everything listed except drive belt.Mine has a 5 rib belt and a 4 rib belt side by side. suppose i will have to call dealer If anyone knows of place to get used parts for these pleae let me know Alan

  3. #3astoneburner2013-05-14 02:13

    Also if anyone would have belt part drive belt number or specs that would be great Alan

  4. #4astoneburner2013-05-22 01:59

    Need help from anyone that has a case 40+4 I called southeastern equipment and they are unable to get me drive belts or part numbers. If anyone has the numbers please let me know. Thanks Alan

  5. #5astoneburner2013-05-24 09:58

    Ok I found the answer to my own question so I am posting in case it helps someone else in the future. case 40 + 4 trencher belt numbers are GATES 5/7M1700JB this is a 5 rib GATES 4/7M1700JB this is 4 rib. The problem I had on casecs site was I choose 40+4 super trencher which has a pto drive instead of belts.The correct one was sd100 parts manual . Hope this helps someone out in the future. Thanks Alan