I recently picked up a case 40xt with 2300 hours on it. Everything works as it should but the right side drive motor is weak. Does anyone know where to check pressures at on the machine. I have verified that the drive isn't leaking into the chain case and chains are properly tensioned and are in good shape. Also the linkages and they are working as they should
I do not have books on the XT series, but yours may be the same as a 420. You do need a 10,000 psi gauge to check the pressure. Most people do not have that kind of equipment.
Thank you I will check that out. Does it say on the next page what the pressures should be?
Remember that this is for the 410 and 420. Relief pressure is 4350 psi.
Before getting into all the pressure testing, you might want, to do something simple, like pulling the hydraulic filter, and see if you have metal or brass debris in there. If you do, unfortunately, you have bigger problems.