Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 40xt how do I raise bucket with no power?

roveer ยท 2015-07-14 22:29

I need to raise the bucket so we can pull the cab forward to get to some solenoids. I've been told two things 1. Release level by right foot - not sure if that will allow bucket to be raised possibly only lowered 2. Disconnect hydronic lines and allow fluid to be released to raise bucket. Have been told that was done once before but seems awfully messy and unnecessary. Isn't there another way? Thanks Roveer

Replies2
  1. #1alrman2015-07-15 08:14

    Undo the hoses at the lift cylinders - but loop one hose from the rod end of the cylinder into the closed end of the cylinder. I usually loop the the supply end back into itself as well. By doing this you will barely loose a cup full of oil from each side. :drinkup The release control will allow you to lift the loader frame also, but the slow transfer of oil makes this very painful. + you need two or more people to do the job as the release needs to be held during the entire process. The hose removal way I described is a one man effort. PS you will need to block the rear of the machine to prevent the front wheels lifting during the raise procedure.

  2. #2roveer2015-07-15 20:00

    We suceeded in getting the bucket up today. I brought to buckets to the jobsite and unhooked both hoses going to the cylinders. We blocked the back of the tires and using a mini excavator lifted the bucket until we could get the safety engaged. Didn't spill any oil. Now to get on with our actual repair. Thanks for the suggestions. Roveer