Forward, backward, tilt all work. Unfortunately, the lift is not working. Left joy stick control feels locked. However, it is not a linkage problem because with the skid steer off, I can move the lever in and out freely like it is supposed to move. This has happened twice before. Both times I kept turning ignition key on and off until it unlocked the stick. This time is different. No matter how many times I try, I can't get the hydraulics for the lift arm to unlock. I've checked all the fuses. I've moved all the relays from one position to the next. Seat safety switch seems to work (kills engine when I take weight off seat). Bar safety switch seems to work (locks out tilt when I lift bar). What am I missing? I can't raise the cab to check anything else because I have a full bucket of dirt, and I can't lift the bucket up. Does anyone have any thoughts?
Welcome to HEF @Chab There are lock out solenoids attatched to the loader control valve, one for tilt & the other for lift. Your valve may or may not look like the one below - but it will have the solenoids fitted to it. You will need to tilt the cab to gain easy access to them. There should be a small pull type knob (#2) near your right heel when sitting in the operators seat. By pulling this while the engine is running, you should be able to raise the loader frame, dump your dirt & lock it in the fully raised position with the safety bar. The problem will be either the solenoid for the lift has open circuited, or their is an intermittent power supply to the coil.
Thank you. The manual release doesn’t seem to work but I needed the skid steer yesterday to pull another piece of equipment and magically the lift arms are working again. It was cooler yesterday so perhaps it is a temperature thing. Will try to figure out this solenoid another day. Hard to do it when it is working. Thanks again.
Dumb question......if I raise the cab to probe to check the lock out solenoids, there will be no one sitting on the seat, and bar will not be down. So I will have two safety switches that will prevent power from going to the solenoid while checking. That makes me curious as to how folks figure out whether the solenoid is getting power or not?
I'll either jumper the seat switch or use a hood prop to put pressure on the seat when I need to do that kind of diag