Hi all, Was wondering if anyone knew where we could purchase an engine for a 410 case bobcat with and N5M . . . . . Serial prefix, here in Australia they are fitted with a Shibaura engine ( and hopefully everywhere else around the world) and are definitely not a great success, to purchase a genuine one here would be around $12,000, seems a little bit excessive for the size and quality of them. Any advise would be great, Cheers
hum... to the best of my knowledge at least the n.a. market had the same motor. I was working at a dealer when they came out and there were many, many of them that had engine issues, I had thought that they had corrected the problems with the later models. If it were mine I'd try to fit the 3.9 cummins in.
All case engines that are the tier 3 engines are made by iveco. Case has some sort of a contract with iveco that wont allow iveco to sell to the public. Iveco sells these engines for $6000. But you or i cant buy from them. Case marks them up ridiculously . It is criminal and not fair. Case sold us these mavhines and therefore should stand behind them and not price gouge us on parts. I have a case 420 ct with a blown motor. Havent been able to find one to replace it. I have since purchaswd a terex . It uses a perkins. Much better engine and machine. New perkins engines are $6000.
I'm on the same wave length as you stumpjumper ……. the Cummins 3.9L was a bullet proof engine and came in so many configurations, NA, NTA …. Hp ratings were also endless of what that puppy was capable of ……. anything could be made to fit for the coin that George catman speaks of ……. I think if I was you George, I'd find one of the 3.9L engines that came out of a Case backhoe c/w turbo …. chances are that a retro fit would be easy ….. JMHO …. Good-luck !