Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 420 CT Console EIC flashing setup

scenery420ct · 2022-08-27 12:13

New member thanks for looking I have a case 420ct that now is flashing “setup” on the EIC even after I disconnected the battery overnight it starts flashing with no key or without pushing any buttons or getting in the machine. It starts right up but will not move at all. Service manual says to push the hydraulic unlock button or leave the seat to exit setup but that does nothing. It keeps flashing for hours. Do I need a new $1,000 EIC?

Replies9
  1. #1bad Tom2022-08-27 12:36

    Is it a series three ???

  2. #2scenery420ct2022-08-27 18:56

    I think it’s the earlier version, maybe 2006. I couldn’t find the panel on messicks parts page for some reason.

  3. #3scenery420ct2022-08-27 19:03

    I think the PN is 87677003 but I can’t find a good picture on their site

  4. #4scenery420ct2022-08-28 18:48

    I took the panel off that’s the replacement PN. The sticker on the back of mine says 87389805. Now the screen is flashing all + signs. So I guess it’s toast.

  5. #5scenery420ct2022-08-28 20:57

    Posting to maybe help someone else. I opened up the control panel and it was full of water. The plug connector at the back was not sealed very well. I have it apart and hoping it dries out and works or else it will be $1,300 part.

  6. #6bad Tom2022-08-28 22:52

    Water is not good. The machine serial number is on a plate below your seat. It is also stamped in the frame in the front of the machine. It should start out as N6MXXXXXX.

  7. #7scenery420ct2022-08-30 20:21

    Sharing as final post. So I was able to clean up the circuit board with a baking soda paste and reassemble the control panel and the machine is working again. There was some corrosion which must have been shorting the switches. And water under the green solder masking that also could have been the issue. Unfortunately the LCD hour meter is damaged and not reading correctly so when I go to sell I won’t be able to show it is a low hour machine other than condition. Hopefully it will stay working.

  8. #8jacobd2022-08-30 23:55

    Thanks for the update. At least you didn't have to shell out $1300 for a new one. Was the machine stored outside? I'm worried about mine now.

  9. #9gggraham2022-08-31 12:19

    At the dealership we use to seal up dashes and electrical connectors with liquid black tape. It goes on like a thick liquid but it never completely hardens. However unlike silicone which can be difficult to remove it is easy to use a razor knife to put a cut in it and pull connectors apart. Great for the seams around a dash, around the ignition switch terminal block too.