Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 430 Aux hydraulics help

ccraw1970 · 2019-05-14 20:54

I just purchased a 2005 case 430 and I do not have a switch on the console to go from standard to hi flow. My machine is in hi flow and it is wat to fast to try to use a grapple. I called a case dealer and they are researching it but its been days and I haven't had a response. I asked them if this normal? were some machines sold as hi flow only. can anyone tell me how to get the switch in? I pulled the console and there are several plugs there but I don't know if they are live or not. Thanks, Cliff ​

Replies7
  1. #1alrman2019-05-14 22:56

    Welcome to HEF @ccraw1970 If your 430 has high flow on it, it should have 2 x sets of aux lines going down the LHS of loader frame - one pair/set of pipes being larger than the other ones. How is the auxiliary operated? Pedal or switch?

  2. #2KSSS2019-05-15 01:06

    If you could post a pic of the hydraulics on the loader arm and the console that would help. You should have a hiflo switch if you have high flow. There is no such thing as a high flow machine only. Hiflo is an option to the regular aux. hyds. How do you know it is in high flow if you don't have a switch? Just because it actuates the grapple fast does not mean it is in high flow. Much depends on the attachment. Small rams and it doesn't take much flow to move them, the 430 has very good aux flow rates, it might just be the nature of the combination of the machine and the attachment. Most high flow machines of that size were 440's since they made a lot more power, it could be a high flow 430, but I have my doubts.

  3. #3ccraw19702019-05-15 07:06

    Thanks for the posts i appreciate the help. It makes sense that the small cylinders on the grapple may react fast. My controls are on the sticks. This model is the first semi pilot controls. On the left side the top switch is all on and the bottom one is in/out or left/right. I will get some photos of it and post them. I believe there is only the 2 larger lines. If this isn't a high flow can you adjust it? I had a Kubota L35 that you could adjust the flow to slow it down. Thanks again, Cliff

  4. #4KSSS2019-05-16 02:24

    No you cant slow down the flow, unless you use the foot throttle and idle down to run the grapple and up again for everything else. You might look at putting a flow restrictor on the lines, never done it but it could be done I am sure. I am guessing the grapple is undersized for the machine.

  5. #5ccraw19702019-05-17 11:29

    Thanks for your help Cliff

  6. #6jacobd2019-05-17 17:38

    I have a large grapple I use on my 430 and its jaws also move too quickly for any precision at full throttle. Like KSSS said I just throttle down in the rare case I need to be delicate with the grapple. It's more of a problem with the 4 in 1 bucket but what can you do.

  7. #7rondig2019-05-17 20:30

    Just put a control flow valve on grapple they are about 50 bucks